With a little help from my friends

Wednesday, February 27, 2008
It's Wednesday! What does that mean... that's right, folks - it's time for the Wacky Wednesday Weight Woss Wesults! Drum roll, please...

Another 2.6 lbs. gone. Trust me - I don't think I would have pulled that number if it weren't for the time I spent in the bathroom over the last couple of days. If you know what I'm sayin'. Sick of me saying that, yet? Good. Me, too.

So far, I've been fortunate enough to be able to put up pretty consistent numbers each week. I'm preparing myself for the fact that it could all come to a halt and get a lot tougher at any moment. Preparing for the worst... hoping for the best...? Is that how it goes? Not really true - because I'm working my butt off (literally) and preparing for the best and to be successful each week. But sometimes the scale just doesn't cooperate. Case in point - watch "The Biggest Loser" sometime. These people are working out all day long, eating right and living in a controlled environment, and sometimes they're only able to lose a pound or two. Crazy.

This challenge has seriously been a very life changing event for me. I haven't talked about it all that much except to update on my progress. And I still can't quite find the words to describe it. Or, should I say, if I get started, I just may not stop. I can't give enough credit to my friend, Nicole, enough for starting this challenge and for being everyone's cheerleader, motivator and role model through it all. You amaze me. Thanks for making me wake up and take control of my life.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow - thanks for the kind words. You are the one doing all the work, and you keep me going! so I should be thanking you. - So very grateful for your friendship Carol - always.