I won't lie...

Thursday, December 31, 2009
The main motivation behind this post is only to be able say that I did, indeed, post in December of 2009. I find that my motivation to write is difficult to predict or track, and unfortunately, I just haven't found much of it as of late.

We are happy. And we are healthy. And that's all that really matters, isn't it?

Right now as I type, the girls are running around "on an adventure to find the lost kitty." I am sad to say that there may not be many more adventures with our kitty, Baxter. He is 16, and he is failing. I feel like we are basically running a kitty hospice right now, as it is only a matter of time. But, with that being said, watch the stubborn bastard pull through another couple of years. 'Cuz that's kinda how he rolls, and I know deep down inside he'd relish outliving the dog. We aren't quite at the point to say that we can decide for him that it's his time to go. He's still happy (well, relatively speaking, as far as Baxter's happiness goes,) and from what we can tell, he isn't in any pain. That decision may be upon us soon, and I hope I am strong enough.

Josephine is a hockey player. And I got the opportunity to see her skate a couple of days ago, and it almost brought tears to my eyes how... good... she was. Sure, she still falls down a lot, but now it's because of her desire to go faster, not merely because she can't really skate. Her favorite thing about hockey is when the coach gathers the kids around, and he counts 1, 2, 3, and the kids all yell, "Eastside!"

Eve has found a new love for all things Scooby Doo. She says her name is Daphne, and cried buckets when we had to return her beloved Scooby Doo movie to the Redbox. This Christmas season was especially fun to celebrate with her this year, as she really kinda got "it." She loves to give gifts, and extended her enthusiasm for life, as only my Evie can, in all aspects of the holidays. What a boring holiday Christmas was before we had children. :)

And now it's the eve of a new year. We're laying low, pizzas are in the oven, gonna make some sundaes and watch some movies and play some games. And then, it's the month we've all (if all of you are Josie, at least) been anxiously awaiting. Happy New Year, everyone! I hope tonight and the year to come find you happy and healthy and filled with optimism for the fresh, new year ahead!

0 comments: