Winding down

Tuesday, February 12, 2008
So my afternoon is winding down, and I wanted to jot down something Josie said on the way to daycare this morning before I forget.

Since we're *usually* on the road between 7:00 and 7:10 going to Betty's, it's prime school bus sighting time. Counting buses is a good distractor from taking off mittens or complaining about how they were still sleeping and does it have to be "awake time?" And the girls enjoy it, too. :)

Josie has been counting everything lately, and usually does a pretty good job getting all the numbers in the right order. So she was excited about counting buses this morning, and we finally saw one... and then watched for the next. She spotted one out the window - and when Pat asked her what number that was, she said, "One... and.... that's a COUPLE of buses!" Where do they get this stuff? Just like the other day when we picked her up and were reciting the usually breakdown of where we live... our street number... city... house number... and she says, "in Minnesota, right?" It's just funny when you don't expect it. She doesn't miss much, anymore! Not good when I use my favored phrases. Like "oh, crap." Then I hear a little voice behind me, "Why you say oh, crap, Mommy?"

So we're going to tour a preschool next week. It's only a mile or so from daycare, and is supposed to be a pretty good program, and a good private K-8 school. We'll see. I'm hoping it's just going to be one of those gut reactions that tells us if it's a good decision or not. We have some other options to explore, too. Who says kids have to go to school, anyway? Oh, yeah. I guess there are laws and stuff about that, huh. Oh, crap.

0 comments: