We Did It! We Did It! Yea, We Did It!

Monday, February 27, 2006
Okay - maybe I've been watching a little too much Dora lately. Josie doesn't seem to care for it yet, but I love it!

What did we do, you may ask? We bought a minivan. Yup. We are now the proud owners of a Ford Windstar. Oh boy, if my father were still around, he would not be happy that we have become the owners of 2 Ford vehicles! But the price was right and it has some awfully fun options, like a power sliding door and a beeper thing that starts going off when Pat almost backs into the neighbor's garage. And it makes life SO much easier to be able to just place Josie in her car seat instead of performing Feats of Strength maneuvering her in the backseat of the Taurus. Needless to say, I'm excited to be a minivan owner. AND we got groceries on Saturday, and were able to just lift the back gate and put all 1 and 1/2 carts-full in the back. Fabulous.

Let's see, what else. Oh - I had a doctor's appointment last Thursday. My weight was only up 2 lbs. from the last visit. I was pleasantly surprised, considering that my butt seems to be growing at a much faster rate than my tummy. My blood pressure was 120 / 80 - which they didn't seem concerned about, but seemed high to me. I think mine is usually quite a bit lower than that. Baby's heartbeat was 160. My belly is measuring at an 18, so about right on. I'll have an ultrasound at 19 weeks and another doc visit at 20 weeks.

Josie has started to "talk" on the telephone. She'll grab our cell phone or the home phone and hold it up to her ear and pretend to talk. Adorable. I know every kid does this sooner or later, but it's just so darn cute. Granted, it won't be so *cute* in a few years when we can't get her off of the phone. We were playing phone last Friday and she handed it to me, so I was talking into it, and she got flustered that she didn't have anything to talk into and just held her hand up to her ear and started jabbering away. Oh - and she's jabbering quite proficiently now. Perfectly formed, nonsensical sentences. She also has discovered the toilet. And toilet paper. No major mishaps yet, but I can just see the gleam of possibility in her twinkly little eyes. :)

This pregnancy seems quite different from Josie. My appetite is much greater, but yet, I am very sensitive to food this time around. Example - I threw up Saturday night because the smell of the roast and carrots we had in the crock pot all day sent me over the edge. Very disappointing considering that I love roast! It also may have been due to the weird combo of food I had eaten earlier in the day. I remember last time around the smell of taco meat really bothered me, but not to the point that I actually had to throw up. I can stomach a lot of gross stuff and never thought that the SMELL of food would actually make me sick!

Gotta go for now - have a Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on the new car. Paige would be happy to watch Dora with you. She does the little dance at the end to we did it. Pretty soon Josie will come around and Dora won't be so appealing :).

Last time I made a roast in the crockpot I thought I was going to vomit but didn't and I wasn't even pregnant and also love roasts. Who knows maybe it is just an after you have children thing.
Have a happy monday!

CarolSue said...

Weird! I wonder what's up with the roast thing?

You're right, probably not a wise choice on my part to watch Dora now, before Josie takes an interest in it. I'm sure I'll get burned out pretty fast! I'll have to have Paige teach me the dance!

Unknown said...

Hey, can you guys hit me with your roast recipes? I purchased a roast a couple months ago and it has been sitting in the freezer because I just don't know where to start. I'm sorry, I'm hopeless. Thanks!

CarolSue said...

Super easy. Don't even need a recipe... we just throw ours in the crock with some water... just a little bit to cover the bottom, and some spices - salt, pepper, whatever. Just cut up your veggies and throw them in there, too... we usually do potatoes, carrots, celery and onion... and that's pretty much it. I know some people put some broth in theirs if you want, but the roast juices are usually enough. Just depends if you want to make gravy or something, I guess.

MC said...

Congrats! I'm a little jealous. Okay, a lot jealous. I can't even get Jeff to say the word minivan.

CarolSue said...

I used to be very anti-minivan. But the reality is that we need something bigger, maybe not so much with 1 kid... but definitely with 2. And the minivan was just the best route for us to go. I think even Pat would have to admit that he likes it a little more than he thought he would :)

Rebecca said...

You could always put some of that Lipton Onion Soup mix on your roast before slow cooking it to give it that extra flavor!