Frickin' Groundhog

Thursday, February 02, 2006
6 more weeks of winter?! Not the news I wanted, Punxsutawney Phil! I've got spring fever so bad this year. I suppose the fact that January was more like April this year just might contribute to that. And everyone around here is talking about baseball. And Josie smiles and smiles when we go outside, but it's just a little too chilly to hang out for any extended period of time quite yet. Hurry up spring!! I want to open the windows and let the stale, germ-infested air out of my house!

Supposedly, my baby is now the length of a lemon. While it's nice to have these handy fruit and veggie references to get a feel for the size of my growing little one, I can't help but actually think of my kid as being the aforementioned food reference. So right now, I'm picturing a happy little lemon with arms and legs floating around in my uterus. What's wrong with simply leaving it at "your baby is now approximately 3 1/2 inches long?" If I walked outside right now and went up to some Joe Schmoe on the street and said "Hey, Joe. Did you know that my baby is now the length of a lemon?" I highly doubt that he'd say "Oh! So about 3 1/2 inches, huh?" I don't think so. But come to think of it - maybe that's where the term "fruit of your loins" comes from. Sorry. Very random thoughts today :)

I'm having a lot of guilt this time around because I tend "forget" for large spans of time that I'm pregnant. This poor kid is going to have a complex before it's even born. It's hard to obsess over the progress of my pregnancy when I've already got one out in the world that I have to constantly watch to keep from tumbling off the couch, gouging the dog's eyes out and eating the newspaper. So I've made it a part of my morning routine to log on to Babycenter.com or some pregnancy-related site and read up at least a little bit on this baby.

That's all for now. I think it's time for lunch. Yum - food. And perhaps it's a Caribou day. Yum - expensive coffee drinks! Later, All!

2 comments:

MC said...

Funny you mentioned spring fever. I started a blog this morning titled "Spring Fever" but got interrupted and canceled it out. Last year at this time I was getting ready for my "surprise" trip to Twins Spring Training. I want to go back!!!

Thanks for the random thoughts today. I had a good laugh.

Unknown said...

Caribou days are generally GOOD DAYS.
You're hilarious, Carol, I loved your post. Try not to feel too guilty -- it's a GOOD thing that this pregnancy will totally fly by. When Josie 2 is born, don't worry, he'll get plenty of your attention. :)