On the Mend

Thursday, February 23, 2006
Everyone in the Daly house is doing just fine this morning. After a very hectic afternoon yesterday picking up Josie from daycare, taking her to the doctor's office, going to Target to fill her prescription, (ooh - bookclub girls, I actually witnessed Meg looking at digital cameras, YEAH :) !) going to the vet to pick up Brewster and getting into the house with toddler, bags from Target, Arby's for dinner, very excited dog and very excited dog's medications all in one armload, I was pooped! Not to mention that Pat had to work until 6:00 last night, so I got to do it all by myself. Can't wait until there's another baby to throw in the mix!

Josie's doctor appointment went well - the doc decided that he didn't see any reason to put her back on antibiotics again and gave her a prescription for Prednisonal, or something like that, basically prednisone, to help open up her airways and hopefully get rid of that nighttime cough. No more vomiting, so that's a good thing. He said all that gunk in her tummy just wasn't going to go anywhere but back up again, so all the milk on top of it just was enough for her to get rid of it once and for all.

And Brewster. He got the okay to come home, they think the zinc poisoning danger has passed. We have to give him a pill twice a day to help settle his tummy since he went through quite a bit of trauma yesterday, and we have some meds for his nasty ear infection. We'll do a follow-up appointment in a week to make sure nothing is showing up in his blood, and he'll have the official all clear after that. Whew. Still a little shaken by the close call on that one. He was VERY excited to see me last night and practically jumped right into my arms - no laughing matter when we're talking about an 80 lb. dog!

I have my 16 week appointment this afternoon, even though I'm officially 17 weeks today. (I thought I'd better work one "full" week last week after missing the entire week before!) Babycenter says my baby is the size of a large onion this week. I can't think of anything more disgusting. Thanks, Babycenter.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How 'bout "a large pile of white stuff off an orange"? Come now, that's WAY more disgusting.

I wish I'd known you could have used a hand schlepping stuff into the house last night -- I TOTALLY could have helped. Isn't that the worst part of the day, trying to wrangle a hundred bags and the baby into the house?

CarolSue said...

EEW. The white stuff on oranges. You know that's on my list of pet peeves.

No worries, Meg, but thanks for the offer! I'm going to have to get used to schlepping large loads - including myself! It wouldn't be *quite* so bad if we didn't have to trek the 5 miles from the garage to the house.

MC said...

You could both move to Blaine and enjoy an attached garage. Just a thought!

Glad you are all doing better, Carol.

CarolSue said...

I didn't know that Blaine's claim to fame was attached garages! They really should put that on the city sign. :)

Unknown said...

Carol -- try five miles DOWNHILL, in my case. Tricky, to say the least.

"Attached garage?" What? I have no idea what you're talking about. Next thing you know you'll be telling me they make a machine that washes your dishes for you. And that they have THOSE in Blaine, too. Pah!