Are we there, yet?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Holy moly, Rocky. I'm doing it. I'm actually doing it. I'm challenging myself to lose some weight, make better food choices and get off my duff... and it doesn't... suck. I'm hard-wired to allow myself to defeat myself, almost before I even begin. So for me this challenge is more about changing the way I think as much as the things I do. And I'm going to be successful, I can just feel it. The coolest thing of all is the support network involved. That was the missing piece for me. I'd always think - oh, I can do this on my own. My thoughts stayed in my own head, where they were always quickly trampled by excuses, excuses, and a hoard of excuses. No more.

So I'm controlling portions, nixing unhealthy and unnecessary snacks and moving myself more than I have in a long time. I'll saddle up on the scale tomorrow and see if we have any results. But no matter what the number I see... I've already won. I'm finally holding myself accountable - and that means more than anything.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Awesome Carol, I am so proud of you. You are really motivating me!! Thanks Carol you rock and your on a roll!!