Baby, it's cold outside!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008
I love Minnesota. I love Minnesota. I love Minnesota.

I have to keep repeating this mantra to myself. If I keep saying it, I may start to believe it soon. Frickin'-A. It's cold out there today!

Really not that much new to report. The girls and I met a friend of mine from work and her two adorable little girls at an indoor playground in Woodbury last Friday. It was nice to check out a new place. We trekked to Chatfield on Saturday for a quick belated birthday celebration with my family. Against my better judgement, we didn't let the girls nap - and suffered the consequences. Evie slept the entire way home in the van - but Jo did not. Lesson learned. My girls need their regularly scheduled naps. Sunday was beautifully warm - I got a crapload of laundry done in the morning, and then went shopping at Woodbury Lakes. As much as I've proclaimed my distaste for the outdoor shopping mall trend, I actually found myself really enjoying this one. Of course, it wasn't -40 below windchill, either.

Oh - last week sometime Patrick decided that we needed to move Eve into the same room with Josie. I have to admit, I wasn't really on board. But it's stinkin' cold in Evie's room, and she doesn't like to be covered up at night and was frequently waking up - we think because she was cold. So I told him if he was willing to bear the brunt of any adverse effects - then fine. Go for it. So we dismantled her crib and set it up in Jo's room. Josie was very excited. And so far, it's been okay. Eve slept great through the night for the first couple of nights. Getting the two of them to go to sleep can be a struggle - the novelty of being in the same room was pretty exciting for both of them. We'd hear them talking - and sometimes Jo telling Eve to shush and go to sleep. It's going to take a bit more adjusting to get them used to each others' routines - especially in the morning. Jo will usually wake, then go back to sleep for a while... but if she wakes up Evie, then it's all over. Eve is up, then we're all up. So it's still going to take some getting used to for all of us, but I think it will be a good move, overall.

Josie-ism for today: Last night both girls were a bit irritable - whiny, crabby... whatever. Eve was whining about something, and Josie told her, "oh, Evie. Zip it."

Evie-ism for today: I think I mentioned her new affinity for the word "no." Her latest game is to say "no" to everything you ask her. Josie has caught onto this one, and will ask her something like, "Evie, are we going to Betty's house today?" while we're in the van, on the way to Betty's house. To which, Evie answers, "No." And on and on and on. They both think they're pretty hilarious. So I guess that was a dual Jo/Eve-ism. :)

My "Healthy Loser" challenge is still going well. I lost another 1.4 lbs. this week. Not a huge number - but any loss is a good loss! So I think that brings me to 9 lbs. lost so far. I'll take it. I'm noticing differences already in my endurance, and the way my clothes fit. One day at a time!

0 comments: