Happy Girls = Happy Days

Tuesday, April 03, 2007
I suppose it's about time to throw you a bone. A little sumthin' sumthin'. A tidbit. A morsel.

Things are going smoothly. The ginormous lumps on Eve's head are finally making their disappearance. Thankfully, she didn't sprout horns, as I was fearing she might. She is sleeping (mostly) through the night. And in her crib. Albeit with a crazy system I devised so that she's slightly elevated. She is using a cup from time to time. She is on her hands and knees rocking, rocking, rocking, oh so close to lunging forward and crawling away. She has a mouthful of big, shiny teeth. All the better to chew on you with. She is snuggly. She is happy.

Josie is... just Josie. She lights up our home. Which is good - it's a little on the dark side. Not THE "Dark Side," like in Star Wars, just a bit drab since we face the north and don't get good sunlight. Anyway, Josie is talking. A lot. Kind of non-stop, actually. She's trying to learn her colors. And numbers. She helps dress and undress herself. She's not overly interested in the business of potty, unless it's on her terms. And that's okay with me. She's mesmerized by the carousel at Maplewood Mall. And we indulge her. I think she may be spoiled, but that's okay with me, too. At least she knows how to say "please," "thank you" and "excuse me." She gives lovely pucker kisses and big wrap-around-your-neck hugs. She helps us around the house. She is generous. Her enthusiasm for everything in life is contagious. I just may be a bit in love with my girls. If you couldn't tell.

Everything with me and Patrick is hunky dory, too. He passed his licensing exams for work. I'm wrapping up the assignment I'm currently on at the end of April. I think. I guess that door isn't officially closed, quite yet, I should find out soon. We're gearing up for a busy summer. Baseball games. Softball games. Family get-togethers. Weekend get-aways with friends. Busy, but fun. Even though the next few days are looking more like winter than spring, I've got spring fever. Bad. I'm even looking forward to a bit of yard work. Not the actual "yard" so much, but at least planting some veggies and flowers.

Goodness. It's time for work. Happy... Tuesday? Is it Tuesday - oh yes, indeed it is. Anyway - have a good one, whichever one it is. :)

0 comments: