Moving Forward

Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Finally... Mom and Erwin just found out that he will be able to be part of a study group at the Mayo Clinic and treatments will begin next week, continuing through late May. It's been a lot of waiting, so what a relief to finally know something. Please send some positive vibes their way!

---------------------------------------------

On another note - the blog world is a crazy world. It's so fun to have more and more sites to check up on and to feel part of the lives of friends and family that you may not get to see or talk to as often as you'd like. But one of the dangers is getting caught up in checking out the links on everyone's blogs, then checking out their links, and adding to the list of sites that you'd like to keep up on! Well, I stumbled on this Nitty.Gritty. site a while ago - and have been hooked ever since. Jody is truly inspirational. Whenever I'm feeling bogged down and sorry for myself, I go check out her site. It never fails that she says something that exactly rings true to something I've been feeling or thinking about. (Meg... I hope you're astounded by a couple of her comments today, as I was - especially in light of our recent convo!) She's been through a lot, and has come out with an amazing, positive attitude. Be sure to read the link to the story about her tragedy and loss of daughter, Teagan, located on the left-hand side of the page. And for my scrapbooking friends and family - she's really into that, too. The reason I'm passing on her site today is because of a link to a Washington Post story she provided in one of her latest posts. The article about our perceptions of beauty is really cool and has made me stop and think a lot today, and I just wanted to share. I hope you enjoy her blog, and the article, too.

0 comments: