More cows

Monday, April 09, 2007
"More cows! More cows!" Imagine this phrase being uttered (ha! No pun was intended) about 798 times by an overly-tired, overly-sugared 2 year old between Newburg and Rochester. That's approximately 1 hour of trying to come up with different responses such as "yes, Josie, let's look for more cows," or "No, I don't see any more cows yet, do you?" I was ready to jab a pen into my eye.

There are a lot of cows to see between my mom's house and Rochester. And we had to look for all of them. And if we didn't see any, she'd make some up. Josie was so tired yesterday afternoon that she clung to the words "more cows" like a life vest in her attempt to stay awake on the ride home. And when we would go through a town or a dry spell in the cow sightings, she'd cry and kick and wail "mooooorrre cowwwwwwws!" She finally gave up the fight by the time we reached the north side of Rochester. Thank goodness. I don't think either Pat or I could take much more. She's as sweet as sweet can be, but the next 1 hour of silence was absolute bliss. :)

0 comments: