Random Stuff on a Rainy Monday

Monday, May 01, 2006
Yes, Daily Dose fans, I did find my stapler and my lowly box of belongings on the same desk where I left them last Thursday. Although I am still quite skittish, and only unpacked the bare necessities in case another move rears its ugly head any time soon. Which I think is not far from the truth since I saw a notice that a position has been filled in the department I'm sitting in, and I have a feeling that's going to result in my homelessness once again. Perhaps this time I'll put my belongings in a red kerchief and tie it to a stick. Or maybe if I started sneezing all over the desk all of the time, or wiping boogers on the cube walls or something, they'd decide just to leave me be. Hmm - I might have to brainstorm some good "leave me alone and don't make me move" ideas...

I have a crabby husband this dreary Monday. No, not because it rained all weekend and not because the Twins suck right now. Because it would appear that he is lactose intolerant. He saw a doc a couple of weeks ago, and was told, due to some stomach issues, to lay off dairy products and see what happened. Unfortunately, the stomach issues were not as much of an issue after a week of being dairy-free. We came to this conclusion after he binged on cheese yesterday and, sparing any disturbing details, was not in a happy place afterwards. It's going to be an interesting adjustment period for us as we consume A LOT of dairy products.

Josie has discovered Brewster's food and water dishes. The food dish isn't a big deal since it's always empty as our chow-hound consumes every niblet of food the second it's put in his dish. But the water dish has been a battle. We often will catch her being "sneaky" and going over to the dish, dipping her hands in, and licking the water off her fingers. Yummy. Dog drooly water. And of course, just for the heck of it, sometimes she has to tip the dish over.

Why do the makers of maternity-wear insist that every pregnant woman simply MUST want to show off her bountiful bosom every moment of every day? I was looking at the maternity shirts that I have, and almost all of them appropriate for the weather during spring and summer are v-neck and low-cut. Which would be okay if I had more "undershirts" with a higher, rounded neck. But I don't have that many. I do have some lovely cami-type shirts which work quite nicely, but leave a little more hanging out at work than I would really care for. And I really don't want to invest more money in more maternity clothes, but for the sake of coverage, will probably have to. I don't want to give people more to look at than my growing belly is already offering. :)

I'm quite excited as I only have a 2-day work week this week. Patrick and I are taking a couple of vacation days to get some projects done around the house while Josie is at daycare. Nothing really fun, just getting some closets cleaned out, cleaning the basement and perhaps staining the privacy fence, weather permitting. These are the projects on my "to do before-baby" list that just never seem to get done on the weekends. Oh oh - and we got to cross off an item on our "to buy before-baby" list as one of Pat's co-workers gave us a toddler bed. Yea!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Pictures girl, pictures!

Unknown said...

I feel Pat's pain -- Joel would be devastated if he couldn't eat cheese. I have given him cheese for his birthday several years, he likes it so much.

Hey, CSD, do those tank-undershirts I hid in your maternity clothes help at all? Tell me Pat told you about them.

CarolSue said...

HA! Thanks for reminding me, Meg... I kept meaning to ask you about those shirts!! No - Pat failed to mention them, and when I went through my maternity clothes after you gave them back, I couldn't for the life of me remember those as part of my maternity wardrobe! Then I thought maybe you had given me some of Nicole Watson's stuff by mistake or something. I'm so glad you brought those up. Those are exactly what I need more of. Merona, right... did you get them at Target?

Rebecca said...

I too like the Merona tanks at target right now...they are great for the warmer weather and I CERTAINLY didn't need anything extra hanging out the top around my students! Plus, they're cheap!

Unknown said...

Yep, Target -- they were on clearance for like $7 around Christmastime, I think. Anyway, if they work for you, please enjoy! I told Pat to tell you that I liked them so much I had to share. :)