I believe you have my stapler

Thursday, April 27, 2006
It happened again.

So I received an email about 2 weeks ago letting me know that there were going to be some major rearrangements going on around the 5th floor, and lucky me, I was going to be part of the fun. No biggie - I've gotten used to not getting too attached to whatever desk I'm working at for the time being. My official "move date" was to be tomorrow, Friday, but oops, I don't work on Fridays. hee hee :) So I planned to have my whole, whopping, 1 box-full of stuff packed and moved by the end of today. Which I did. I was happily cleaning and rearranging my new desk, and unpacking my Dilbert calendar and sparkly pencils when the supervisor of the area I'm currently assisting walks by. We make some polite conversation, she leaves and I go about my business. She returns a few minutes later and looks a bit puzzled. Then she asks, "weren't you supposed to be moving into so-and-so's old desk?"

"Huh?" I replied.

"Uh, yeah," she says, "I think you're supposed to be over there because... blah blah blah..." I'll save you the boring explanation. Basically - it comes down to this - the department responsible for associate moves and changes was supposed to email me during the last 2 weeks since I received the first email about the move and let me know that my new location had changed.

Yeah. I never got that email.

My only response was "you've got to be kidding me."

This will be my 5th move since I started in this department in January. At least I'm moving closer to the department I'm working with, or I'd really be getting suspicious! I'm so paranoid now that I didn't even bother to unpack my box before I left today. I'll believe that's the desk I'm supposed to be at when I go in on Monday and my stuff is still there! Yes - I am thinking of changing my middle name to Milton. I'd give you my new extension, but I can't remember it. *sigh*

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So, did you end up unpacking your stuff this morning, Milton?

Anonymous said...

So did you find your stapler 'n all?....Sissylicious!