Week 24 Update

Thursday, April 13, 2006
24 weeks and all is well.

Weight: Up 3 lbs. from last visit 1 month ago.
Height: Oh, yeah. They don't check this.
BP: 124 / 78. Not too shabby.
Belly measurement: 24 cm. Right on.
Baby heartbeat: 150 bpm. Exactly the same every time. This kid's consistent.

Had the big, bad glucose screening this time. And passed. Whew. Less than 140 is good - and I was a 126. Yeehaw. I was nervous. Really didn't want to go back for that 3 hour torture test.

My hemoglobin was a 9.9. I have no idea what that means - except that it's low. Supposed to be a 12 or something like that. Gotta go do some research on that one. ***Did research. Ah ha. Possibly anemia... I should have known that one. I'm tellin' ya - pregnancy stupids. I'm sure my clinic will be giving me a call to talk about that. The low hemoglobin, not the stupids.***

Oh - and I have a "tall" uterus. I didn't know this was possible. Normally at this stage, the fundus (that's the top of the uterus, for you laypeople) is about an inch above the belly button. Well, I guess mine is a couple inches above that. Perhaps something to do with baby being breech? I dunno. But that does explain why I'm popping out up higher than I thought I should be at this point. (I'll get a picture taken... really, I will. I only think of it when Pat is gone... sorry!)

Doc Ro' said that he took a look at my u/s pix from last week - and everything appears to be just dandy. No concerns that he could see with baby's kidneys. Thank goodness.

Can someone please tell my why my darn tailbone hurts so doggone bad?? Man. I sit for more than a few minutes in one position and it feels like the sucker's going to poke right on out of there. No fun. That's it. No more gripin'.

Baby is kicking like an all-star. Josie did, too... and she hasn't stopped ever since. She has to either step on or kick everything in her path... including our cat, Baxter, much to his displeasure.

Good night - gotta go watch CSI!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo Sissylicious! Pretty much good news!

Anonymous said...

Great News!! And the P.G. Stupids could be because your hemoglobin is low?! Don'tcha think?

Rebecca said...

That is so weird...we have the same exact results...126...as well as the hemoglobin count.

My doc said to eat more iron, but didn't really recommend the iron pills because that could make for a bad poop experience. (Ok, so he used more technical terms, but not by much....this is the guy who calls the yucky mucus stuff "snot".) Doncha see why he's a great doc---makes us laugh!

CarolSue said...

That is very weird... what are the chances both numbers would be the same??!

Unfortunately, my doc did call and recommend an iron supplement be taken once a day. I'm hesitant - because, well, to be honest, I've been pretty lucky in the poop department and don't really want to mess with it, so I might try upping my iron intake naturally. We'll see, I guess I could take the supp and up my fiber intake naturally, too. *sigh*

Rebecca said...

Maybe 1/2 of the supplement at a time???

Anonymous said...

carol-you really make me laugh!! when our preggo co-workers have 'pregnancy stupids' or brain farts, we say'too much blood is going to the uterus and not enough to the maternal brain'. well, it's true!

Nicole said...

Okay so I am a little late with my 2 cents on the name thing. So if you are still open for opinions I have one (as usual) :) You have the same problem we have with the L in your last name. It is hard to find names w/o the L and we ended up using one anyway. Ella daly and gabriella just seem to much with the L. Of course people are going to call them what ever they want so it is hard to control the nicknames too. Of course some of my suggestions have L's but I just seem to like those kinda names too. How about Charlette (Charlie for short - love boy nicknames), sofia (I think this goes great with Josie- Josie and Sofie), Kendall ( Kenny for short - again with the boy thing), Shana (kinda a variation of hannah but not nearly as common). Anyway just a few thoughts.