The case of the missing sock

Monday, April 03, 2006
If anyone is mysteriously missing a sock - let me know - my dog probably ate it. So I walk into Josie's room on Friday afternoon to get her up from her nap, and Brewster, as always, joins me. She had taken off one of her socks, so I pick it up and am messing around with the dog, hitting him in the head and face with it while he opens up his mouth and tries to get it. This always gets a laugh out of Jos. Well, I stop for a second, Brewster grabs the sock and takes off across the room with it, and it's gone. I bolt after him and open up his mouth - and it was truly gone. He ate her sock. No report yet on whether a bright pink sock has shown up in our yard. Gross.

If you're up for a little Lawrence Welk sometime, stop on by. That is Josie's new favorite show. No Dora or Dragon Tales for my little girl. We like the classics. She had the remote on Saturday and was flipping through stations (one of her favorite things to do) when all of the sudden she stops at Larry, puts the remote down and smiles the biggest smile and starts dancing away! She didn't quite understand that if she continued to flip stations, she'd lose the tunes and would get very mad until we put it back on the station with the delightful polka melodies. She has turned into a music fiend lately and definitely has an affinity for classic rock over any of her "educational" music CDs.

Everything else is going just fine - I'm feeling good in my 22nd week. I have my follow-up ultrasound this Thursday. Feelin' a little groggy this morning due to the time change, but am sure looking forward to more daylight in the evening. BUT we do have to get darkening shades for Josie's room. Nighttime could be a battle until we do.

0 comments: