It's over... but not over, over...

Thursday, April 03, 2008
The 12-week Healthy Losers Challenge is done.

As of yesterday's weigh-in, I have lost 25.1 pounds. Only 4.9 lbs. more to go until I hit my initial goal. To say I am proud of myself is an understatement. I feel better, I look better, and I know that the changes I was able to make in my diet and exercise are ones that I am can maintain in the long run - as long as I stay committed and accountable to myself. Granted, it will be nice to be able to slide into a maintenance mode instead of constantly being so vigilant about losing. I am not quite there yet... but hopefully soon!

This challenge has awakened me to all the horrible choices that it is so easy to make (and justify)on a daily basis. No more excuses! And the knowledge, awareness and responsibility that I've gained regarding making healthy choices in my life will stay with me forever... benefiting not only myself, but my family. Knowledge is power, and I no longer have the luxury of staying in the dark, or living in denial. I know that executing everything that I have learned will be the hardest part, especially in our processed, fast-food driven society. And that's also not to say that I will never indulge in anything not-so-healthy ever again. But I've learned about being responsible for my choices, how to indulge without overindulging and how it's all a numbers game. So armed with these tools, and the continued support of some pretty cool "losers," I start the rest of my life... with a little less of me. Amen!!

1 comments:

Tricia said...

That is so awesome Carol!! 25 lbs. is a great accomplishment...and it shows :)