“He had such enthusiasm and excitement – almost like another Brewster…”

Thursday, April 24, 2008
Funny how that statement, made by KARE 11’s Randy Shaver this morning on 93X in reference to yesterday’s media meeting with the Vikings new defensive end Jared Allen, would (to any normal person) clearly indicate Tim Brewster, the Gophers head coach. But Pat and I, as we listened on the way to work this morning, had to laugh at how we automatically envisioned Allen jumping up and down with a tennis ball in his mouth, dropping the ball on occasion into someone’s lap, just begging them to play fetch with him, and beating everyone in a 6-foot radius of him with his wagging tail. Enthusiastic and excited. Two perfect descriptors for our crazy, 90-lb black Lab. And, apparently, college football head coaches in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

Also, I have decidedly come to the conclusion that Splenda is disgusting. Seriously – I’m trying to choke down a container of light yogurt made my Rainbow’s house brand – and I’m thoroughly disgusted. I cannot stand the artificial taste. Other products don’t usually bother me this badly – I can always taste a fake sweetener, but it usually doesn’t turn me off enough where I can’t even eat it. I’m going to have to lick the wall of my cubicle just to get the taste out of my mouth. Chairman Bob must have been delusional the day he guaranteed the quality of this junk. Into the garbage it goes.

That’s all I’ve got for today. More ranting at a later date. Stay tuned.

0 comments: