Perpetuating the Stereotype

Tuesday, October 16, 2007
So I made arrangements to leave work early yesterday because Comcast was supposed to come to our house to do... something... regarding switching our phone service to... something... because... something about getting rid of the service we currently have and yadda yadda yadda. Whatever.

Comcast is not Qwest (who is the root of all evil in this world; spirit of service - my ass, but that's ancient history, and obviously, I've let it go) and I've been very happy with the service we've had with Comcast for the past however many years, so even though they're eliminating the service plan we've had, we decided to stay with them and take the upgraded service they're offering at a special price for the next year.

Yep. We'll be there between 3:00 and 5:00. Yep. Monday, October 15th. Yep. We called you and left you a frickin' CONFIRMATION message on SUNDAY at 4:30 in the afternoon CONFIRMING your appointment for MONDAY between 3:00 and 5:00. Yep.

And now it's 4:15 and I'm home. Fulfilling my end of the agreement. Doing my part. Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow. Working it, working it. And I'm looking at the service agreement that says Monday. October. 15th. 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Waiting. Waiting on the world to change.

So I call Pat at work. Yep. Nothing yet. So he calls the customer service number and is told that OH! Look at that! It looks like your appointment is on Saturday, October 20th! So he calls me back and says, OH! Look at that! They said our appointment is on Saturday, October 20th!

Even though they left us a frickin' CONFIRMATION message on SUNDAY at 4:30 in the afternoon CONFIRMING our appointment for MONDAY between 3:00 and 5:00. Yep.

THEN. MY husband. Has the AUDACITY to say, and I quote, "I think you should just call. I'm too nice."

Well, isn't that just the icing on the cake?

So now it's 4:30 and I've called two numbers and no one can tell me what the hell happened between 4:30 SUNDAY afternoon and Monday when our frickin' appointment was SCHEDULED for.

AND, NO. John. I will not sit and wait for you to show up at my house on Saturday, October 20th. Because maybe I will want to HAVE A LIFE, and not sit and wait for you to NOT SHOW UP.

G-Dammit.

0 comments: