Kick in the Shins

Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Every once in a while, good ole' Mother Nature sez to me, "Carol, you're still young. Well, kinda. And you've pooped out some awfully cute babies. And I know you've still got some eggs in your basket - so how 'bout you give it another go?"

And every once in a while, I sez to Ma Nature, "Ma Nature, you're right! Maybe we should give it a whirl. Babies are cute, and cuddly, and usually smell so good."

See - that's what a sneaky old hag that Mother Nature is. She makes us forget all the other stuff and dangles adorable newborn baby feet in our faces.

But then, thank the stars and heavens above, I have my Evie. She's looking out for us. She knows when I'm feeling weak and gives me a little reminder on why two is such a lovely number. How? you might ask? By having screaming fits at 12:20 am, then not going back to sleep until 1:45 am. I know I'm taking a risk by even thinking that we're done, and I could be eating my words sometime in the future. Who knows - 2 years from now, I could very well be sitting here with yet another redhead to help ensure that our species doesn't become extinct in 100 years.

But on this early morning after this late night with this screaming toddler, I sez, "Forget you, Ma Nature, we've still got more than we can handle - so for right now, you know where you can shove those adorable newborn baby feet."

I have one word for you: snip-snip.

0 comments: