In the Days of Clams and Chowders

Monday, October 08, 2007
It's lunchtime. I probably should balance my checkbook. Or search for things for hubby and me to do on our upcoming wedding anniversary. Maybe even something that doesn't require a coupon.

Or possibly - avert your eyes if you have a sensitive stomach - work through lunch.

But here I am - writing to you, instead.

So a while ago I received one of those annoying forwarded emails (sorry, Mamasan) that demands you to forward on to 10 friends or die a horrible and untimely death, and which required only that the recipient describe the sender in one word. This seemed not-so-horrible, and the day and mood struck me, and I actually did forward this one on, instead of hitting ye ole' delete button. I expected exactly zero responses, and received seven. Bonus! For those who didn't respond, I completely and totally understand, and only view you slightly less of a friend than I did before. :) Normally, I wouldn't, either, and that's precisely why we all get along so well.

I actually compiled a list of the responses (remember, these are the one-word responses that my friends chose when asked to describe me,) and will share them with you:

Supportive
Articulate
Woo-Woo (If you don't know, please don't ask.)
Pleasurable
Fun
Writer
Perspicacious (I know. I had to look it up, too.)

I wrote the responses down and have them posted here at my desk. I've found it quite helpful when I'm having one of Those Days (you know - the ones when I use words such as "overweight," "poor," or "boring" to describe myself) to take a look at the list and give myself a little boost. I know that a good self-image is supposed to come from within... Dr. Phil... blah, blah, blah... but it really does help to know that some people that I hold in pretty high esteem chose those words to describe me. So, thanks. That was very munificent of you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO glad you decided not to work through lunch! And hey! You have a picture up! Awesome!

MC said...

Carol, I'm so glad that we're friends. And I'm so glad that you write this blog. We're very alike and it scares me! Scary in a good way.

I have to admit that I often refer back to your previous posts for inspiration, kid advice, or a good laugh or I'm not sure what but I always come away with something. Just yesterday I came across the post where you and Pat were in the hospital with Eve deciding on her name and Pat noticed the nurses name was Betsy and said something like, "you think that name reminds you of a cow, right?" ... and of course, the nurse was listening. OMG, did I laugh.

CarolSue said...

Meg - glad I can satisfy the needs of my, um, clients. fans? reader(s). And yes, it is a picture, but I'm looking for a better one. Much better. One that doesn't make my head look like a giant block of butter. With red hair.

Michelle - Thanks. You have this uncanny way of knowing exactly what I need hear at exactly the right time. And for that, and many, many other reasons, I'm glad we're friends, too.

Rebecca said...

Glad to figure out where you get the time to write the lengthy and insightful blog posts...work...I shoulda figgered.

How did you do all the fancy cool stuff like your background? I want to be cool like you!

CarolSue said...

Beck - I've spent a bit of time hunting for a background that I like. Bugger to all the ones that blogger provides. Just type in "free blog skins" or something like that in google and start hunting.

I'm still not convinced I like it, but it's fine for now.