We have no bananas.

Thursday, March 23, 2006
I am 21 weeks pregnant today. I eagerly opened my email this morning awaiting the news of which fruit or veggie is now in my uterus. But babycenter.com has let me down! All I get is "your baby is now three-quarters of a pound and approximately 10 1/2 inches long." Are you telling me there are no foods of this size to reference any longer? What will I do?! If you know of an appropriately sized edible object I can visualize in my womb, please share.

So I was discussing my work situation with Pat the other day when he pointed out something disturbing. Not that there's anything interesting going on - we were just talking about how there was a time a few weeks ago when I kept getting shuffled around to different desks while they figured out where I could sit and not take up a desk for a newly-hired associate. It was mildly annoying to come in on a Monday morning after schlepping all of my stuff to a different cube only to be told that oh, yeah - I guess you can't sit there after all. No biggie. Anyway - Pat pointed out that perhaps, I am the Milton of Securian. (If you haven't seen Office Space, don't worry, you aren't going to get it.) I was laughing so hard I thought I might pee my pants. Which doesn't take much anymore. I really need to get a red Swingline stapler. And I was told I could listen to my radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven. If I come in on Monday and find I've been moved to the basement, then I know I'm in trouble. :)

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is HILARIOUS!

Unknown said...

I hope with the next birthday you receive a piece of cake because last time you did not receive a piece and you were told this time you would receive a piece.

I'll burn the place down.

Oh, Carol how about a meatloaf?

CarolSue said...

You said "a" meatloaf, right? For some reason, I keep picturing Meatloaf, and that's just weird. Thanks, Meg. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh!! Carol Sue!! You are a little wacky!! Meatloaf indeed~~~~

Anonymous said...

schlepping. i love that word!

happy friday!

Anonymous said...

so when are the preggo mamacita pictures coming?

Rebecca said...

I was looking at the names for girls voting box...I like Gabriella (as well as some others there), but I like Ella better than "Gabby Daly".
"Is she gabby daily?"

CarolSue said...

Yes - The Gabby issue is a hangup with that name. Gabby Daly. Gabby Daily. And I can't *quite* embrace Ella Daly either... too may L's. Maybe it will grow on me. We'll see.