Phenomenal Cosmic Power... Itty Bitty Living Space

Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Today, in the freezer aisle at Rainbow Foods in Oakdale, I held true power in my hand. It came in the form of two containers of Breyer's ice cream (on sale this week 2/$5.00, of course,) and with these creamy, delicious miracles... I could get pretty much anything I wanted from my offspring.

In hindsight, I probably could have tested it out and tried for a couple of jumping jacks or a back rub or something, but I settled for having them get back in the car cart and get along with each other. The threat of not getting any ice cream can make Josie move faster than her daddy on his way to a clearance rack with a half-off coupon.

With the decision to stay home, comes a whole array of Things I Didn't Consider. Like how fast consumables such as toilet paper, dishwasher liquid and milk would fly off our shelves. And how much more annoyed I'd be by unfinished projects around our itty bitty living space, now that I'm staring at them all day long. And how an adult conversation... wait, let me rephrase that, lest you start rumors about how I'm finding some extra income for TP and milk, a conversation WITH an adult... well, let's just say talking with someone who doesn't need you to go back through your conversation and explain the meaning behind each of the words can become a very big highlight of my day. Don't get me wrong - I'm still loving every aspect of our new arrangement. I'm tired in a whole new way at the end of each day, and feel content in a way I've never known before. There's just lots for me still to learn.

OH - in other breaking Daly Life news... Eve put a big ole number 2 right in the potty today. Yessss! We're close, so close. Now that's a birthday present I'll bet Pat never thought to wish for. :)

0 comments: