What's the bestest sound in the whole wide world?

Monday, July 30, 2007
The sweet little tinkle of pee-pee in the potty!

We had smashing potty success yesterday. Jo agreed to wearing her Elmo undies, and wore them with only one accident all day long. She even napped without a diaper (and woke up dry!) and ran a couple of errands with Daddy (without any pee-pee incidents!) She is SO ready to be a big girl, and has begun the "I'm-not-a-baby-I'm-a-big-girl" argument. Crossing my fingers that we're rounding the corner to potty-training happiness.

Today she has on princess undies, and as I was getting her dressed, she says "we don't pee-pee on princess, do we Mommy?"

Another whirlwind weekend in the month of July has passed. Can't even believe that we're looking at August already. Seems like just yesterday I was saying "holy cow. I can't believe it's July already." Guess that's just the way it goes, huh? Evie was either battling a doosey of a cold bug, or having teething trauma over the weekend. She had a low-grade fever all weekend, runny nose and general grumpiness. We had a couple of rough nights as she was having trouble breathing through all the snot and woke herself up frequently. But yesterday the 4 1/2 nap she took seemed to do the trick and she woke up her chipper self again. And I'm sure you're dying to know that her nose goo is no longer yellow, but a shiny-happy clear color again. :)

Saturday I went to Stillwater for my friend Dana's bachelorette party. It was a very "grown-up" party; we met at Northern Vineyards Winery for tasting and a tour, followed by a buffet dinner and boat ride on the river courtesy of St. Croix Boat and Packet Co. It's been a few years since I've done a bachelorette party, and I daresay that in our "old" age, we've mellowed a bit as no one got kicked out of any bars, threw any phallic-shaped objects at anyone, or slept on any toilets :) (Not that anyone I know ever actually did any of those things, you know, I'm just sayin') But it was tons of fun, and so good to catch up with some friends that I don't get to see very often. While I was having bachelorette party fun, Pat took the girls to a birthday party for his godson and cousin, Ben (who is 14, by the way. Geez.) They had a great time and Josie even got extra servings of ice cream. I'm sure she wouldn't mind going back to Paul and Erin's house sometime soon!

So there's your weekend wrap-up. I'm fixin' to post some more pictures soon. Hang tight.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, way to go big-girl Josie!
Kay