A Letter to the Most Beautiful Girl

Tuesday, July 17, 2007



Evie,

Happy 1st Birthday! Please forgive me as I am struggling to find the words for you today. I want to be eloquent and insightful and give you a letter that will awe you with pearls of wisdom in the coming years. But try as I might, I could never adequately describe the pure joy that I experience when I open the door to your room in the morning and see your bright smile and even brighter eyes. To know that those gifts are meant for me makes me feel completely and totally blessed. It's a moment that strikes me every single time and never dulls with routine - a rush of emotion that can only be plain old unadulterated happiness. Whatever worries might lie on my mind outside of that door are instantly gone when I greet you. You have wrapped me around your little finger. You fill me with wonder at your abilities - already taking first steps, saying first words, mimicking sounds you hear. You amaze me. Thank you for... just being you.

To say that your daddy and I love you just doesn't seem like enough today. To the moon and back, Genevieve. Happy Birthday.

love, mommy

0 comments: