This made me chuckle

Wednesday, February 07, 2007
So my mom has been emailing a very select and privileged group of individuals over the last year with daily "Bushisms." It started because, knowing how much she adores our fine leader, I gave her a daily calendar so that she could ponder and wonder over his intelligent witticisms and profound thoughts each and every morning, and she loved them so much that she decided to share them. So now we've continued into the next year, and she's added Dave Barry quotes, as well. The one for today really cracked me up, so I thought I'd share with the masses:

"Hygiene is not the only area where parents of babies have to lower their standards. There is also the area of intellect. When I'm home alone with my daughter Sophie, there are entire days when the single longest sentence I say is: "Down came the rain and washed the spider out!" Also I am reading a lot of books with names like 'Conrad Cantaloupe Has a Sad Day.' As far as I can tell, modern children's books are written by people who (a) get paid by the page, and (b) are hitting the bourbon pretty hard."

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments: