French Fries and Doggie-do

Monday, February 19, 2007
Children are always listening. Of course, everyone knows this, but we tend to forget. We are reminded frequently, like when we go through the drive-thru at Wendy's on Saturday, place our order, and pull up to the window to get our food. The lady leans out and recites the order back to us, and all of the sudden, Josie is yelling "French Fries! French Fries!! Yea!" And when Pat was going to bundle up the girls and take them outside for a little while and I told him to watch out for the dog puke on the sidewalk and for all the dog crap in the yard (can you tell that perhaps I thought going outside wasn't that great of an idea?) and then Josie is walking around saying "dog crap, Mommy." Oops.

(Changing the subject.) I did something yesterday that I have never done before. I honestly didn't think that I ever would do it, or if I did, that I would enjoy it so much. I'd heard others talking about it, and I was a little puzzled that they seemed to like it. But now that I've tried it, I'm hooked, and I want more. I went to a movie... by MYSELF. And it was fabulous. Not even the movie so much, (I saw the cheesy chick-flick "Music and Lyrics" with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore - which was cute and enjoyable and the perfect mix of everything that I needed and wanted from a movie yesterday) but the experience as a whole. The freedom of walking out of the house, alone, with only my wallet and keys, the luxury of a small popcorn and pop all for myself, and the satisfaction of 2 hours of doing... absolutely. nothing. productive. It was heaven. Don't get me wrong, I love going to movies with friends or Pat... and I would relish the opportunity to accompany someone again, someday, but I think for now, I've found my new guilty pleasure. :)

3 comments:

MC said...

I'm glad you did it! (went to the movie) Nothing like having a little "me" time.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that an incredibly "freeing" experience! Sissylicious! Crazy! never did I think I would do that either!

Unknown said...

Good job Carol! It is a great thing to do for yourself. And so simple!