My Life - In Lists

Monday, June 12, 2006
Things that Josie is up to lately:
1. Kisses. Lots and lots of kisses for Mom, Dad, Brewster and even a cat here and there.
2. Tippy-toes. Stop walking, up on tippy-toes. Reach for something, up on tippy-toes.
3. Reading. Okay - not really, but pretending. Very serious pretend reading out loud.
4. Stacking. Loves her stackable cups. Figuring out what fits in them, and what they fit in. On that same note - we'll find her cups in the garbage, her bath toys in the laundry hamper and her baby doll in my purse.
5. Grunting. I made the mistake of grunting and asking her, when she attempted to pick up my full water bottle, if it was heavy. So now she grunts when she picks up everything. Or bends over. You can probably guess why she's doing that, considering the difficulty I'm having in bending over lately. :)
6. Name that body part. Points to head, nose, mouth, ears, eyes, belly and expects you to name it. Can't quite say the body parts yet, but is getting close.
7. Nose-picking. Finger is constantly up the nose. Toddlers are such disgusting, but lovable, little creatures.
8. Pointing. At everything.
9. Question hands. She'll "say" something that sounds like a question, and put her hands up near her head.
10. Dirty feet anger. If she's walking around barefoot and gets something on the bottom of her feet, she has to stop immediately and examine them for the culprit.
11. Following directions. Ask her to do something, and she'll do it. For the most part.

Things to do before the baby comes:
1. Get my hair cut.
2. Trim my toenails. Not such an easy task any longer.
3. Use spa certificate to get prenatal massage.
4. Clean out and wash the van.
5. Clean basement. I know these don't really have anything to do with the baby - but I'll feel better when they're done.

Things to ask Dr. Rolando at next visit:
1. Why, when I take a deep breath in, do my hands tingle?
2. Is there pre-admission paperwork I need to fill out for the hospital?
3. When am I supposed to call the hospital when I go into labor the second time around?
4. There are a couple of other questions, but for the sake of decency and the fact that I think there are people that I don't really know all that well that read this, I'm going to omit them from this list :)

Last minute things to pack in hospital bag:
1. Contact supplies / glasses.
2. Blowdryer, comb, hair products.
3. Makeup. I know - I probably won't use it, but just in case.
4. Pillow.
5. Camera.

Things that make me chuckle today:
1. There is a company here called Doody Mechanical, Inc. We saw one of their trucks on the way to work. Doody. I always giggle.
2. People used to stare at my boobs. Now they stare at my belly. I wonder what they'll stare at next?
3. I got on the elevator this morning with a nervous-looking chap. I was tempted to accidentally hit the stop button and double over in fake-pain. Poor guy probably would have shat himself.
4. We have an ornery cat, Baxter. Josie likes to walk behind him and kick him in the butt. It makes him angry. It makes me laugh. I know I shouldn't. But she doesn't do this to the other, laid-back cat.

0 comments: