A Familiar Road

Friday, June 02, 2006
Stats from yesterday's doc visit:

Weight: Up 2 lbs. from last visit 3 weeks ago.
BP: 114 / 66. Excellent.
Belly measurement: Right on 31 cm.
Baby heartbeat: Strong.
Fetal fibronectin test: Negative.

That was the good news. Not that there's bad news - just news. I have started to dilate. A little bit. Which is not abnormal at all for this far along and/or a second pregnancy, but considering my history, it's something to keep an eye on. So I have a prescription for Terbutaline in my bag, and have permission to fill it at any point if I feel that the contractions continue to increase in duration and intensity. But I'm not required to be on it. Yet. I also have orders to "take it easy." Which, following the miscommunication during my pregnancy with Josie, I got very specific clarification on this time around. Working is still fine. Butt on couch and feet up when at home. Call immediately if anything changes. Call next week to update on how I'm feeling. And see him again in 2 weeks. So things are feeling a little familiar. I don't mind if this one wants to come out early, too... but would very much like to avoid bedrest this time around.

Oh - funny tidbit from the visit yesterday. So there I am in all my glory on the table getting ready for the fetal fibronectin test, which is basically like a pap smear, when Dr. Rolando proclaims, "Oh no. Don't kill me. I don't have a test in here - I have to run out and get one." Yeah. Great - why don't you do that. So he bolts from the room, leaving me in pretty much the most uncomfortable position you could be in, WITH the door open, while he locates a test kit. Don't get me wrong - I really like this doc a lot, but I'm pretty sure a female doctor would have checked that beforehand :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is weird that that happened to you at the doc, Carol. Because I totally had a dream last night that I was changing one of my kids' diapers and you were there and I was like "Carol, I'll change yours too!" And you were all, "no, really, that's not necessary" but guess what I did it anyway.

Sorry.

Nicole said...

Thanks for posting Carol, I have been wondering if everything is alright. Glad to hear, now take it easy, please!!