Just the facts, ma'am

Wednesday, June 07, 2006
In order to refrain from any sniveling, or whining, or excess self-pity, this post is purely fact, no emotional content what-so-ever. Or very little.

Per my doctor's request, on Monday morning I called my doctor's assistant to leave a message with details of how I did over the weekend. I said that I did just fine, had a few contractions here and there and was feeling a bit crampy Sunday night and Monday morning. I went to lunch, came back and there was a message from Rayanne (Raeann, Rayannne, Rayann, I'm not sure how she spells it) telling me that Dr. Rolando thought that since I'm still having some contractions and am feeling cramping that I had better go ahead and get started on the Terbutaline prescription he gave me last Thursday. I had Patrick take me at lunch on Tuesday to get the prescription filled, then drop me off at home for the afternoon since I anticipated feeling the ill-effects of the first dose. That was the right move since I did feel very shaky, anxious and restless.

***Sidenote - we had a great evening on Tuesday visiting with the Rosenbaum family - Becky, Adam and 1 month old Vivian at the Gronau residence. The Mathews - Tricia and Kevin, were also in attendance. :) It was the perfect distraction. And Viv is a perfect little doll. I forget so quickly how small they are when they come out.

I also gave myself the day at home today since I got virtually zero sleep last night and was still feeling very shaky. But I am doing much better this evening. So there you have it. One little pill, every four hours for the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you can hold out for awhile~take care!!!! Mom

Rebecca said...

Carol---PLEASE let me know if you want any "summer-y" 0-3 mo. girl clothes. I have lots that Miss Viv can barely wear now, let alone by July. Most are new or slightly worn, but not icky. I know Josie Bean was born in a different season, so you may be lacking in this area....

CarolSue said...

Beck-
I would LOVE some summery, girly clothes. Thanks for the offer!

Man- we're in for a shock if this ends up being a boy. :)