Another country heard from...

Monday, January 09, 2006
Wow. It's been a long time! Where these past few weeks have gone, I have no idea. So sorry for having deprived you all of your "Daly Dose" for many, many days! Let's see... why don't we play catch-up:
  • We had a lovely Christmas. Josie thoroughly enjoyed the wrapping paper, tissue paper, boxes and bags that her numerous, generous gifts came in! She looks awfully cute in her new outfits - I'll get some new pix up for you soon. Really - I promise it won't be another month! Back to the holidays - we enjoyed Christmas Eve with my family in Chatfield, and Christmas Day with Patrick's fam up here in the Cities. It really was a laid-back celebration this year, which we all very much appreciated. I am a very big fan of NOT trying to go 25 places in 2 days.
  • Josie's newest accomplishments are drinking whole milk, pulling herself up on everything and moving back and forth between pieces of furniture, throwing mild temper tantrums when told "no," blowing kisses to mom and dad (although sometimes they seem to be 'angry' kisses, so I'm not sure what that means,) clapping all the time, and "dancing" to any sort of music from the radio to tv commercials to daddy singing "Iron Man," which, much to mommy's chagrin, seems to be her favorite. If she turns out to be a 70's and 80's rock lover, I'm in a lot of trouble! I guess she is her daddy's girl (as if there was any doubt before!)
  • New Year's Eve 2005 (even though I was drinking out of a New Year's Eve 2000 glass!) was a blast. A big thanks to Tricia and Kevin for hosting a party at their house and for all the lovely treats and games and laughs. We got to spend quality time with a lot of our friends, even some who made the trek all the way from Florida and Wyoming. We are so blessed in this 2006 to have so many wonderful family members and friends!

Otherwise, there really hasn't been that much going on with us in 2006 so far, other than very busy work days which lead to very tired evenings and weekends. We had a miserable weekend as Josephine was battling the crud - ALL weekend. She developed a temp on Friday afternoon at home with me, and we fought it and a very runny nose and a couple of bouts of vomiting throughout the weekend. On the upside, she was very cuddly, but I much rather would have had my healthy, happy baby. Daycare Betty said she is doing well today, no fever, so that's a good thing. Still doesn't have her full appetite back, but seems she's on the road to recovery. And HOLY COW, she's approaching her 1 year birthday!

Well, my lunch break is almost up... again, sorry to have been out of touch for so long! I'll be more regular in 2006... wait - that didn't sound right! What a resolution, huh?! I'll post more often, you knew what I meant. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My guess is you'll be a little LESS regular in 2006. Gross! Can we see you guys this week?

Rebecca said...

I'm with Meg's guess!

Can we see you this week too?

CarolSue said...

Sure, Beck... when do you want to get together??! :)