A new adventure

Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Sometimes when you wake up in the morning and get that yucky feeling in your tummy because you really don't want to go to work, it's time for a change.

I finally reached that point.

And as a result, I will be venturing on a new journey here at Securian as of January 23rd. I will have my 6 year service anniversary with the company on January 18th and have spent the entire time in the Group department. I have worked with some great people, but it's time for a change. I'm leaving on good terms, no hard feelings or burned bridges. So I'll be getting off the elevator on the 5th floor of the 401 building and joining Broker-Dealer. Yup. No idea what they do, but that's where I'll be! And I'm excited to meet some new faces, learn some new systems and tackle some new projects.

I got the final details worked out yesterday, and can't believe the amount of stress and pressure that being unhappy in my job had been putting on me. I had a great night's sleep last night, the first in a long time. (It also could have something to do with the fact that we shut the cats out of our bedroom and I had my WHOLE side of the bed to myself - what luxury!) It is so easy to get stuck in a rut. I'm the Queen of Ruts. But this rut had gotten too deep and I woke up one day and realized that I had options to make me a happier me. So goodbye, Group! Thanks for the experience and the friendships.

7 comments:

MC said...

Are you going full time, too?

MC said...

Also, what will you be doing?

CarolSue said...

Nope. Keeping my schedule, Mon - Thurs.

CarolSue said...

What will I be doing? That's a good question! To start off, I guess they have everyone go through "data-entry" orientation to get familiar with their systems. Then I guess on to whatever projects this department has in the works for me. I'm still working through IntraSource, so it is a temporary thing, but I've known IntraSource people who've stayed in assignments for 5 years, so who knows! It's a change, and that's what I needed!

Anonymous said...

Good Deal! Didn't realize you weren't happy with the job you had,but onward and upward!!!! And the same hours--its a win win situation!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah for you carol! i wish i had the courage to change. every now and again i say i will change, but then i remember the relationships i have with co-workers and providers and the fact that i have senority on my unit and i am no longer the low man on the totem pole and work is 15 minutes from the house and i stay where i am at. besides, i really do like WHAT i do where i am, but the politics are horrible! oh well! i realize that there are politics no matter where you work and at st. francis hospital i stay. pass some of that good night sleep and less pressure and stress this way, please!

Rebecca said...

Joel, you are SO weird. (I knew there was a reason we all love ya!)