Odds and Ends

Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Oh. So I think I forgot to mention that I got a promotion at work. Yea me. I get to stay in a place I like, with people I like... permanently, and still part-time, to boot. No more Milton for me.

Then there's nothing like accepting a "new" job, and turning around to your "new" supervisor and telling her all the time off that you plan on taking in December. :) I have never ever ever in my long-legged life had any substantial time left to take off at the end of the year. I'm beside myself with excitement - I have off every Thursday (and Friday, of course,) the entire week of Christmas and New Year's Eve day, if I so desire. Color me happy, there's a sofa in here for two!! Would you look at that... if I do take those days off, that means I only work 6 more days in December. hee hee hee hee hee...

Coupla Josie-isms I want to get down before I forget:

The other night we were going outside to play in the snow. It's a process. Sometime during the preparation we decided that they should actually put their snowpants on in case they "went off the beaten path." Jo picked up on that one and kept saying that she was ready to "go off the beat path." She wouldn't drop it, and was getting a little frantic when we weren't ready yet. So I told her that we were just going out in the yard to play, and that "the beaten path" was merely a figure of speech. So then she said that she wanted to go out and play in the "figure beach." I just can't win.

Everything in Jo's life can be negotiated right now. Give her a cookie, and she wants "just one more." Give her a piggy-back ride, and she wants to do it "just one more time." Give her a little bit of yogurt and she wants "lots." And when she's asking for "just one more..." of whatever, she says it real slow-like, with her chubby little index finger up in front of her face.

She recently started to flip-flop words around... like the ball pit at the indoor playground is now the "pit ball." Her Elmo backpack is her "packback." You get the picture.

She's got a memory, and she's not afraid to use it. Most of her convos start with the phrase " 'Member when..." then she regales us with stories of the time that Eve ripped off her band-aid in the bathtub, Baxter tried to bite her or we rode in the "Gunos" van (that's the Gronaus, to the rest of us.) on the way to the playground.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you on your promotion! Successful business woman, successful mother...you're an inspiration! :)