Full

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
You know how they say that it takes 20 minutes or so for your body to recognize that you've eaten enough and so you're supposed to eat slowly to give yourself more time to feel "full" so as not to overeat...?

Well - that's kind of how I feel lately. I've overeaten and finally realized that I'm full. My days are full of work, calendar is full of commitments, my head is full of lists, and my heart is just... full. Of... my family, and my friends, and summertime and stories that I've read on blogs and heard on the news, and it's all bubbling over. I need to back away from the table for awhile.

There's just not a lot of room or time for me right now to make this blog be what I really want it to be, and so I just have to let it... be. (pardon me for a moment while I hum a little Beatles tune.) You can't see me right now, but I'm putting my empty plastic cup on my head and backing away from the keg. Okay - there's maybe one of you reading this who will understand that obscure reference, sorry. It means I'm done for now. But I'll be back.

0 comments: