Sweet As Sweet Can Be

Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Sometimes I need to think before I say something stupid. It's a trait that runs in my family... right, Mamasan...? :):):)

Anyhoo... apparently, I spoke too soon yesterday. The doc said that we should keep up the drops for 24 hours after the eyes have been clear. Which we did. But. We arrived at daycare to pick Beaner and Doodle up last night - and Doodle (that's Eve, just in case you didn't know) has gunk in her eye, again. Still not sure why DB (that's Daycare Betty, just in case you didn't know) didn't call us... but we've started the drop regimen all over again, on both of them, in hopes that this will Finally Go Away. No one else is showing any symptoms, yet. But I'm not going to count my cows before they calve. Or something.

So I tell Beaner (that's Josie, just in case you didn't know) to come get her drops, and she dutifully listens and comes to lay her head on my lap. That's the smoothest part. Then it's a struggle to get her to lie still, to not squinchy her eyes shut so hard that there is no hope in the world any of the drops will seep in and to keep her arms and hands out of my way. But we finally succeed without too much flailing around, and she gets up like it was a walk in the park and says in the sweetest little voice, "Thank you, Mommy."

Number of the day: 7. School bus count on trek to daycare this morning: 7. Ah ha ha! 7 school buses.

0 comments: