Josie-isms

Monday, August 20, 2007
I'm a big fan of Lucyisms. I've been compiling a list of cute things Jo has been saying, and it's not convenient for me to log everything into the calendar that I keep in my purse, so I've decided I should probably get this stuff in writing before I lose the list. While the humor may be lost on, well, pretty much anyone who isn't her parent (!), I hope you enjoy, nonetheless.

(Jo and Pat had gone out and about to run errands, and she came back in the house with a flourish, announcing her arrival...)
Jo: "MOMMY! Heeeeewwwwwooooowww!"

me: "Well, hi. I missed you!"

Jo: "You did?!"

me: "I did. You know why?"

Jo: "Why, Mommy?"

me: "'Cuz I love you."

Jo: "You wuv me?"

me: "I do."

Jo: "Oh." End of conversation. :)

____________________________

(Daddy was barking. This upset Jo.)

"Daddy - you not a puppy. You a BOY."
_________________________________

(We were having a discussion about thumbs. Then hands and feet. We asked Jo if Brewster had hands and feet. Then we had to talk about paws for a while. She was quiet for bit, we could tell she was mulling all of this over.)

"Mommy."

"Yes, Josie?"

"Evie doesn't have paws. She have feets. Just like me!"
___________________________________________

(Brewster is a large dog. With a large tail.)
"DaaaAAdddDDY... Brewster WHACKED me!!!"
_______________________________________

(I don't even know the context of this conversation. But this is what I overheard from the kitchen...)
"Daddy?"

"Yes, Josie..."

"Daddy - you mad at me?"

"No. I'm not mad at you."

"Daddy - you pooping?"
___________________________

(While riding in the van. Pat was driving - chauffeur-style. I was in the backseat, with Jo.)
"Daddy a good driver. GOOD EYE, Daddy! Good eye!"
________________________________________

(Pat was away in Duluth for the weekend. The girls and I were watching the Twins on tv.)
"Hey! That's my Daddy on tv!" (I looked up and there's Justin Morneau coming up to bat. Hmm... *wink, wink*)
____________________________________

(Same tv session. I was flipping channels. Men's beach volleyball was on. The players were being introduced.)
"Mommy!! They're NAKED!"
________________________

(We were getting set to leave the house before daycare / work in the morning. Josie was alone in the kitchen, Pat was letting Brewster out, I was finding coats for the girls. All of the sudden, Jo started yelling, like something was really wrong.)
"DAAADDDDY! DAAADDDDY!"

Pat went running into the kitchen. "What, Josie??!"

Silence for a couple of moments. "Thanks, Daddy." Apparently - she just wanted to make sure he was listening. :)
___________________________

(Buttoning up Jo's raincoat before leaving for daycare / work.)
"Mommy?"

"Yes, Josie?"

"We going to the Mall?"

"Nooo, we're going to Betty's house."

"OH." giggles. "Silly Me!"
________________________

(We have frequent dance breaks at home. Jo stops whatever she's doing, and just starts dancing. One of her moves is a "pony dance." She was having a dance break in the kitchen this morning. Pat told her to "ride that pony, Josie!" Then I walked into the kitchen. Without missing a beat...)
"RIDE THAT PONY, MOMMY! RIDE THAT PONY!"
_______________________________________

(Another one of her patented dance moves is the "bootie dance." She and Pat will bend over and shake their booties at me. While shaking it...)
"Mommy... look at ours butts!"
_________________________

(She has moments of affection for her little sister. She'll hug and kiss Eve...)
"Mommy - Evie my BEST friend!"

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh! Too cute!
She sure is a super-sweet little girl!
(With a sweet sis and parents, too!)

Unknown said...

That is SO cute. I adore all our children!! Thank you so much for sharing, they totally made my day.

PS Ride that Pony Carol!