Ho Hum

Thursday, August 23, 2007
It's Thursday.

I'm eating my soup and breadsticks from Eddington's (chicken potato chowder, in case you were wondering) - it's definitely a soup kind of day out there - and wishing that I was home on the couch, under a blanket, snuggling with my girls. *sigh*

Patrick is on Day 2 of his Madden's-resort-work-conference-getaway-dealie. He left at 5:00 am yesterday morning, which means that this morning was the second morning that Josie woke up asking, "Where my Daddy go?" Brainerd just isn't a sufficient answer for a 2 1/2 year old. Neither is work, golfing, or on a business trip. The only answer I've found so far that stops the question is, "Madden's resort for a work conference." And I think that's only because it's too much of a mouthful for her to repeat. I get her stock reply of, "oh." Usually followed by, "Mommy, you snuggle me?" Snuggling is a very big deal in our house right now. It's a cure-all for owies, an effective stalling tactic before bed, and the perfect after-dinner activity.

So I've never had to get the girls ready in the morning before daycare and work by myself. I'm not sure how that has failed to happen until now. But it's gone very well, much to my surprise. Mainly due to the fact that I've been forced to get up on time and get in and out of the shower and be ready before they wake up. I'd be toast if that didn't happen. Sure does make me appreciate my husband. I'm one lucky gal. At least tomorrow I don't have to be somewhere by 7:30 am. And I can probably even get away without showering... Yesss! And even better, in the morning when Josie gets up, I can tell her that her daddy will be home today.

I haven't mentioned Josie's potty progress lately. Yup. She's potty trained. She has a very rare accident here and there - and sometimes we suspect it's on purpose so she can pick out new undies - and she can even make it all through the night and wake up dry. I'm still flabbergasted that it was so easy.

And Eve is our little walker now. She's all over the place. It's taken her a while to warm up to wearing shoes, but now she's off.

Hey - congrats to Jeff and Michelle on the birth of their daughter Anna Catherine on Tuesday. She's beautiful. They are one handsome little family :)

Hey, again - check out the counter I added to the sidebar. Now we can actually see how few people I'm writing for. :) Not that that's going to stop me.

0 comments: