Pluggin' Along

Wednesday, November 30, 2005
We're pluggin' along in the Daly household - bundlin' up, gettin' new teeth (Josie FINALLY cut one of her top front teeth,) workin', eatin' and sleepin'. Jo has had the sniffles and a hacky cough for the past while - nothing earthshattering, just annoying for her when she's trying to sleep. Oh, the joys of daycare! Just when she gets over one bout of sniffles, onto the next! We *think* she's started to say mama. She's been babbling dadadadada for a while, but wouldn't break out the mamamama for me, unless she was really mad. So I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. But last night I woke up around midnight to hear her awake in her crib chattering away and throwing around some mama mamas for me. What a nice thing to be woken up by :) I'm sure I won't feel the same way when she's 3 and is screaming "Mama" at the top of her lungs, so I'll enjoy this now. I know the dadadas and mamamas are not probably specific to Pat and me yet... but it's still an awfully sweet thing to hear.

Patrick's hockey team lost their playoff game on Monday night - so he can finally get his hair cut. I wasn't aware that this superstition was alive and kickin' in our house, until I suggested that a haircut was overdue last week. I was greeted with a reaction of utter astonishment that I would even suggest such a thing until the playoffs were over. I'm not exactly a fan of "hockey hair," so I can't say that I'm too disappointed to see this hockey season come to a close. :)

Saw the movie "Rent" last night. It was... good. I didn't think it was great, but definitely worth seeing. The most enjoyable part of the evening was the part where I got to go out the door with myself, and my wallet and keys... and that's it! Sure felt great to have a "night out." So many great movies coming out soon... I can't wait!

0 comments: