Lions and Bears and Cats and Dogs and Dragons... and a Fairy Princess... Oh My!

Saturday, November 01, 2008
Halloween 2008 was more fun than you could shake a stick at. I watched the Gronau kidlets (and my own, as well, in case you were wondering) in the a.m. while Mama Meg danced with Pirates and was even able to whip up a yummy lunch and happily report that all four children survived my watch unscathed. Yes!

The Gronaus departed and The Dalys happy-nappy'd and then went to Daycare Betty's for a quick little Halloween party action before hitting G'ma/G'pa Dalys for a little pre-trick/treat lasagna supper and visit.

We booked it back home to meet up with the awaiting Mathews' family and hit the sidewalks for some sweet candy-action. Eve didn't know what to think of the hoopla; we went to the home of our next door neighbors first, and she wanted the girls to come in the house to see her husband before we left. We left, and went to the neighbor on the other side... and when they opened the door... Eve went right on in! Guess she thought each house would be like the first, and we were going to do a whole lot of visiting before the night was over. Will was less than thrilled the first couple of stops, but then he figured out that steps = house = candy... and repeat... and he was more than willing to keep it up. And a cuter dragon you've never seen than his brother, Keaton. Perfectly content to chill in the stroller, and catch a little nap.

(Sidenote... Eve has been in bed for almost an hour. She's still awake, and right now she's saying, "I want to get up. I'm awake. I want cereal. I want to get dressed." A little while ago, it was, "I want to go in the baby swing." Followed by, "I have a hair in my mouth. I need my toothbrush." It could be an interesting night. Oh, now it's, "I don't feel good. I want a Kleenex. I have boogers.")

Back to the play-by-play. We met up with a gaggle of Gronaus and continued on. Yadda yadda yadda... candy, walking, costumes, beautiful night, fun friends, cute kids... I'm really tired today. See for yourself (in reverse order. Stupid, stupid Blogger):



End of the night... Eve, Jo, Will and Keaton.


Keaton and Tricia.


"Get. Me. Out. Of. This. Costume." I've never seen a more forced smile.


Happier moments.


The Mathews Family - sans Keaton.


Away in a... stroller, the little Dragon Keaton, lay down his sweet head.


All our kids. On someone else's steps.


Woof, woof! Eve played up being a puppy.

Yo, mamma. I mean, Obama. The kids mowed over this sign, and Meg was worried the fate of the election lay on the lawn of an Eastsider.
Let me go... there's more candy over there!
A princess and her pet.
Ed was all about manners. "Thank you! Merry Christmas!"

Eve and Will.
Try to tell me you've seen anything cuter than this. Just try. That's what I thought.

Baby Keaton and Mama Tricia.


Sir William Growlsalot.

Eve and Jo. A matched set, even in costumes.


With cousins Trevor (ninja) and Trent (batman).

Josie and daycare friend, Lily.
Some of the kids from Daycare Betty's house.

0 comments: