Chip off the ole block...

Sunday, August 31, 2008
Tonight Pat was attempting to wrangle two very sassy and fired up girls into their p.j.s. I had been battling with Eve all day, and was readying myself for my nightly workout. In the basement. Far from the chaos. I couldn't get my shoes tied up fast enough.

I had just released Eve from her umpteenth "timeout" or "alone time" or "sit here while Mommy fixes herself a sweet sweet alcoholic beverage-break". I could hear Daddy talking with Eve about how she needed to start listening to Mommy. And how Eve was promptly changing the subject to something Elmo-related.

Jo wanted her own blow-by-blow description of the events, and Daddy gave her a quick summary of how Eve doesn't listen, and how Eve needs to listen to Mommy... yadda yadda yadda... when Jo chimed in, "So Evie listens like you?"

She is so getting 51% of the inheritance.

0 comments: