God Bless You, Enfamil

Thursday, August 17, 2006
Eve just wasn't buyin' what my body was sellin'. After some sleepless nights and tear-filled days, I decided to hang up the breastfeeding hat. And I have to say, thank goodness. Eve is now eating up and plumping up, and we're a much happier household overall. Her bouts of what we assumed was colic have lessened and basically ended, and she will sleep and eat with a little more regularity now. I was beginning to worry that my "baby blues" were possibly a bit more than that, but I think it was just the stress of the breast that was the cause of concern. Piled on top of next-to-no-sleep, and not getting to take a shower for days on end. No good. But things are looking up. They really weren't that bad to begin with, really.

Let's see - fun stuff in the past week:

My high school friend, Kari and her boyfriend, Brent were able to stop by for a visit last Thursday. Wonderful to see her and meet him.

We decided to take a day-trip and travel down to Chatfield for Western Days last Saturday. Josie loved the parade. And mini donuts. And french fries. And her first carnival ride. It was a blast.

Josie is now saying "thank you" all the time. And "all done." They're not perfectly clear, but I know what she's saying ;) And I think she said "bad puppy" the other day when Brewster laid on her blankie. She also will now shake her head up and down to indicate "yes." A very dramatic shaking of the head. She's so fun.

Most little kids enjoy music, as does Josie. But you usually will hear fun kid music from a house with toddlers, but that is not always the case around here. I don't know if I ever wrote about how she loved the song "Iron Man" when she was around 1 year old... and now her love for metal appears to continue. As I was leaving the house on Sunday (all by myself, I must add - wheeeee!) I left Pat and Josie in the kitchen listening to Quiet Riot's "Bang Your Head." *sigh* And yes, they both were actually banging their heads.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your first paragraph was our experience, totally....only mine morphed into a more serious PPD. Make sure you use the generic Target brand Enfamil if you're not already. It is less than half the price and the EXACT SAME THING!

(Oh, and we just changed Vivian's formula, so we'll send you ours (1.5 large cans) if it is the same...the blue and yellow container...let me know...)

Anonymous said...

Carol, you've ended your breastfeeding nightmare just like I did. Life will be much better for both of you now, I'm sure. I had the same situation and it definitely causes the baby blues. Don't feel guilty, just feel you did your duty by trying and now you're doing the sensible alternative. Glad to hear things are going better. Can't wait to meet that little Eve and see your other little "head banging heavy metal groupie" :) Love Julie