Happy 3rd Birthday, Eve

Friday, July 17, 2009
Three years ago on this date at 9:46 p.m., we became a family of four. "The Baby" didn't have a name for a couple hours. It was down to Claudia, and Genevieve. Eve won out, and I'm glad - I can't imagine my life without my Evie.

We spent the morning getting ready for birthday party #2, then let Eve pick where to have lunch. She chose Romolos - a classic little Italian dive not far from our house, because she wanted pizza. Awesome food, great prices, and for whatever reason seeing that there's no glitz or kid glamour, her favorite.

If you asked her how old she was going to be, her response was "Three in July." I am having a really hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that she is three. Maybe that's just how it goes with your "baby." Happy Birthday, my baby.

0 comments: